Whether you are new to Woodland or have lived here for decades, questions always arise. Please refer to the FAQ page for quick access to information on a broad spectrum topics!
The City of Woodland is unique in many ways. Here are important points at a glance:
- Woodland contracts with larger municipalities for services, specifically fire protection (Wayzata Fire Department) and police services (Deephaven Police Department). Residents pay for fire calls and police false alarms. If you're just moving in, be careful setting up new alarm systems!
- The majority of Woodland properties have private wells and septic systems. Only the Groveland Assembly Ground and a few homes near CR101 have Minnetonka City Water. And, no, that is not going to change anytime soon. If you've never lived with a well and septic system before, no fear - we'll help you learn.
- There is no on-street parking allowed in the City of Woodland. If you are hosting a social event or having contractors working on your property, there are three parking options: 1) park in your driveway or on your property, 2) park within temporary parking zones with a permit obtained from City Hall, 3) park in and shuttle from the city parking lot at the SW corner of Minnetonka Blvd. and Maplewood Road.
- Building permits are obtained at City Hall from the City of Deephaven. Construction inspections are done by the City of Minnetonka. See the Permit & License Applications section for details.
- Homestead applications are now handled by Hennepin County. Refer to this Homestead Fact Sheet and apply online.
- Mediacom is the cable provider for Woodland. DirecTV or other satellite providers are an option.
- Woodland provides recycling services through Waste Management for its residents. Set up or change your recycling service by contacting the City Clerk.
- Residents contract garbage service with the supplier of their choice.
- Woodland is served by the Minnetonka School District and the Wayzata Post Office.
- Woodland's polling place for elections is 2860 East Road.
If you have any questions, the City Clerk is here to help!