General contractors, or homeowners doing their own work, must obtain permits before beginning work.
- Permits may be obtained at City Hall, 20225 Cottagewood Road in Deephaven. Payment by cash or check only.
- All inspections are done by the City of Minnetonka and that phone number will be provided with the permit.
- Zoning Coordinator Dale Cooney handles all survey/plan reviews, variance requests, vegetation removal permits, and other aspects relating to zoning ordinances.
- Teresa Pendleton handles all building and demolition permits.
- Sara Skalle handles all septic permits.
To start the permit issuance process, you will need to submit to the City:
- A completed building permit application
- Three sets of plans, if plans are required
The permit will be issued after the materials required are deemed complete and the have been reviewed for code compliance.
|Building permits are required for:
||Building permits are not required for:
Does the City inspect the work?
All work is subject to inspection. The City of Minnetonka does all of our inspections. The number and type of inspections vary depending on the work being done. It is the owner or contractors’ responsibility to call for an inspection when the work is ready. When you call, have ready: the site address, permit number and type of inspection needed. Please call at least 24 hours in advance to schedule an inspection and you will be scheduled with the next available opening.
How much does a building permit cost?
Permits are based on the value of the project. If an estimate is required, call Teresa Pendleton at (952) 358-9935.
Application for Tree Contractors
Tree Contractors must renew licenses each year to work in Woodland: 2019 Tree Service License Application
Dog licenses are not required in Woodland. However, a permit and Council approval are required to keep more than two dogs at one residence.
Applications are available at City Hall. These permits must be renewed annually. (City Ordinance 405)
Vehicle Weight Limits
ALL ROADS IN SPRING
March 1 – May 1 - 4 TON per Axel
THE REST OF THE YEAR
ALL WOODLAND ROADS - 9 TON per Axel
Please consult with Woodland City Clerk if you have questions.